Yesterday we all watched the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft. There were some major surprises, some which made fans extremely happy, and others which infuriated fans. Seventy five percent of the players I had mocked in the first round were drafted yesterday, which means eight first round players are available on day two of the NFL Draft. So here goes day two of the NFL Draft.
33. Cincinnati Bengals-LT Josh Jones
The Bengals drafted Joe Burrow yesterday, and now they go and get a starting left tackle to protect him. The Bengals did draft Jonah Williams 11th overall last season, a player who missed his entire rookie season to a shoulder injury, but Williams can slide down to left guard and the Bengals offensive line gets better.
34. Indianapolis Colts-WR Tee Higgins
The Colts need to add a receiver and get a first-round talent in Tee Higgins. When I watch Higgins on film, I see the next A.J. Green, but without the injury concerns. Higgins is a tall, long armed wide receiver who Phillip Rivers can throw jump balls to in the back of the endzone all season long.
35. Detroit Lions-DE Yetur Gross-Matos
The Lions should send a thank you letter to the Seattle Seahawks for allowing Yetur to fall to them at pick 35. Yetur gives the Lions a talented edge rusher to play opposite Trey Flowers. The Lions get Okudah in round one to fulfill their need at CB and now fill their next biggest need at DE. They are winning the draft right now.
36. New York Giants-FS Grant Delpit
The New York Giants need to find someone to replace Antoine Bethea at the back end of their defense and find it here with the former LSU DB Grant Delpit. Delpit gives the Giants a ball hawking free safety who will help improve their defense.
37. New England Patriots-LB Zach Baun
The Patriots get a great hybrid linebacker at #37 overall. One who can play both inside and outside linebacker. Someone who can bring pressure off the edge or drop back into coverage. He will be a great addition to the Patriots and help to fill the void left by the departure of linebackers Jamie Collins and Kyle Van Noy.
38. Carolina Panthers-CB Trevon Diggs
The Panthers get a first-round talent here at #38 overall, a tall, long armed defensive back who will bat away passes all season long. Diggs will help fill the void left by the departure of cornerback James Bradberry.
39. Miami Dolphins-RB D’Andre Swift
The Dolphins need a star running back and find the perfect running mate for Tua Tagovailoa at #39 overall. It was thought that the Dolphins were taking Swift at #26 overall before the Packers traded up to take Jordan Love, now they get him 13 picks later.
40. Houston Texans-OLB Josh Uche
The Texans need an upgrade at outside linebacker to play opposite Whitney Mercilus and find it in Josh Uche.
41. Cleveland Browns-FS Antoine Winfield Jr.
The Browns need to draft a free safety with the departure of Damarious Randall and they find that safety here at pick #43 in Antoine Winfield Jr, someone who reminds me of Earl Thomas when I watch his tape.
42. Jacksonville Jaguars-WR Denzel Mims
The Jaguars decide to add a weapon for Garden Minshew with the 42nd overall pick. Denzel Mims gives the Jaguars a wide receiver with elite speed and athleticism. Someone who tested almost identical to Julio Jones when you compare their NFL combine performances.
43. Chicago Bears-SS Xavier McKinney
The Bears front office members are cheering from their homes when Xavier McKinney falls to them at #43 overall. HaHa Clinton-Dix left in free agency and now they find a replacement at safety in McKinney.
44. Indianapolis Colts-DE A.J. Epenesa
The Colts traded their 13th overall pick for defensive lineman Deforest Buckner, now they once again find someone who will improve their defensive line in A.J. Epenesa
45. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-CB Kristian Fulton Jr.
The fall of Kristian Fulton Jr. finally comes to and end. The Buccaneers see the opportunity to improve the back end of their defense and add a corner who can come in and immediately start on their defense.
46. Denver Broncos-RG Robert Hunt
The Broncos signed Graham Glasgow to be their starting center and now they add someone who can slide right into their offensive line and start at right guard.
47. Atlanta Falcons-WR Michael Pittman Jr.
The Falcons decide to give Matt Ryan yet another weapon and now have arguable the best Wide Receiving core in the NFL with Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley and Michael Pittman Jr.
48. New York Jets-OLB Terrell Lewis
The Jets found their starting Left tackle in Mekhi Becton, and now they find a starting edge rusher in Terrell Lewis. Some Jets fans might be upset that they haven’t taken a wide receiver yet in this draft, but they have picks #68 & #79 to address wide receiver.
49. Pittsburgh Steelers-RT Lucas Niang
The Steelers need a starting right tackle and find it here at #49 overall in Lucas Niang. Niang is a first-round talent and the only reason he falls to the second round in this year’s draft is because of an injury concern from last season.
50. Chicago Bears-WR Laviska Shenault Jr.
The Chicago Bears add a safety at #43 overall and now they add a playmaker on offense. Shenault is an extremely talented athlete who will improve the Bears offense and give Nick Foles another Receiver to throw to.
51. Dallas Cowboys-CB Jaylon Johnson
The Cowboys decided to add a wide receiver in the first round because CeeDee was the best player available. Now they address the biggest need on their team and a cornerback. Jaylon Johnson can start week one, and help the Cowboys lock down opposing receivers they will face in the AFC South.
52. Los Angeles Rams-CB Cam Dantzler
The Rams need a cornerback to play opposite Jalen Ramsey and find it here in Cam Dantzler. They could have also gone running back or inside linebacker at this position, but instead get a corner.
53. Jacksonville Jaguars-DT Ross Blacklock
The Jaguars trade DE Yannick Ngakoue to the Eagles for the 53rd overall pick and select defensive tackle Ross Blacklock. The Jaguars have now added C.J. Henderson, K’Lavon Chaisson and Ross Blacklock to their defense while adding Denzel Mims to the offense. They are having a terrific 2020 NFL Draft.
54. Buffalo Bills-RB Jonathan Taylor
The Buffalo Bills get their guy here at #54 overall in running back Jonathan Taylor. Taylor will pound the rock in Buffalo for years to come and may end up being one of the biggest steals in this year’s NFL draft.
55. Baltimore Ravens-WR Chase Claypool
Last year the Ravens got Hollywood Brown in the NFL Draft, a crafty slot receiver. This year they get Chase Claypool a large, big bodied 6’4” 240lb WR who ran a 4.42 40-yard draft.
56. Miami Dolphins-FS Ashtyn Davis
The Miami Dolphins needed to draft a safety and finally add one here at #56 overall. The Dolphins have needs at both free safety and strong safety and add a solid starting free safety here.
57. Los Angeles Rams-LB Malik Harrison
The Rams need an inside linebacker and get a run stuffing, hard hitting linebacker here at #57 overall. I love Malik Harrison and he will be an instant starter on this Rams team.
58. Minnesota Vikings-DE Curtis Weaver
The Vikings addressed the need for a wide receiver and a cornerback in the first round of this draft. Now they find a replacement for Everson Griffen with the 58th overall selection.
59. Seattle Seahawks-FS Jeremy Chinn
The Seahawks decide to invest in a defensive back, hoping to initiate the formation of the Legion of Boom 2.0. Jeremy Chinn is a talented safety prospect who tested extremely well at the NFL combine, running a 4.45 40-yard dash, a 41-inch vertical leap, a 138-inch broad jump and 20 bench reps of 225lbs.
60. Baltimore Ravens-SS Kyle Dugger
The Ravens add a solid starting strong safety in Kyle Dugger with the 60th overall selection. Dugger will be a tremendous weapon opposite Earl Thomas in the back end of the Ravens defense.
61. Tennessee Titans-DT Marlon Davidson
The Titans traded away Jurrell Casey this offseason and need to find a replacement and get one here with DT Marlon Davidson.
62. Green Bay Packers-WR Devin Duvernay
Brian Gutekunst needs to make a peace offering to Aaron Rodgers after drafting a Quarterback 26th overall when he could have taken a player that would help the Packers win a Super Bowl this year. He does that by drafting wide receiver Devin Duvernay, someone who’s play reminds me of Randall Cobb.
63. Kansas City Chiefs-CB Bryce Hall
The Chiefs need to add a defensive back and after drafting Clyde Edwards-Helaire 32nd overall they add a defensive back here in Bryce Hall.
64. Seattle Seahawks-DE Anfernee Jennings
Some may not like this selection, but I love Anfernee Jennings and believe he can become a talented edge rusher in the NFL. By drafting Jennings, the Seahawks help fill a big need, considering Jadeveon Clowney is currently still a free agent.
65. Cincinnati Bengals-LB Willie Gay Jr.
66. Washington Redskins-LT Prince Tega Wanogho
67. Detroit Lions-DT Neville Gallimore
68. New York Jets-WR Van Jefferson
69. Carolina Panthers-LB Troy Dye
70. Miami Dolphins-RT Ezra Cleveland
71. New England Patriots-DT Justin Madibuike
72. Arizona Cardinals-DT Jordan Elliott
73. Washington Redskins-TE Adam Trautman (Trent Williams traded to Jaguars for #73)
74. Cleveland Browns-LB Akeem Davis Gaither
75. Indianapolis Colts-QB Jacob Eason
76. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-WR K.J. Hamler
77. Denver Broncos-NT Leki Fotu
78. Atlanta Falcons-LB Logan Wilson
79. New York Jets-TE Brycen Hopkins
80. Las Vegas Raiders-LG John Simpson
81. Las Vegas Raiders-DT Raekwon Davis
82. Dallas Cowboys-DE Julian Okwara
83. Denver Broncos-WR Donovan Peoples-Jones
84. Los Angeles Rams-RB J.K. Dobbins
85. Detroit Lions-RT Matt Peart
86. Buffalo Bills-DE Jonathan Greenard
87. New England Patriots-QB Jalen Hurts
88. New Orleans Saints-QB Jake Fromm
89. Minnesota Vikings-RB Cam Akers
90. Houston Texans-TE Cole Kmet
91. Las Vegas Raiders-CB Troy Pride Jr
92. Baltimore Ravens-OLB Bradlee Anae
93. Tennessee Titans-RB Zach Moss
94. Green Bay Packers-RB/WR Antonio Gibson
95. Denver Broncos-LT Ben Bartch
96. Kansas City Chiefs-C Tyler Biadasz
97. Cleveland Browns-DE Khalid Kareem
98. New England Patriots-TE Thaddeus Moss
99. New York Giants-WR Antonio Gandy-Golden
100. New England Patriots-LB Evan Weaver
101. Seattle Seahawks-LG Shane Lemieux
102. Pittsburgh Steelers-QB Anthony Gordon
103. Philadelphia Eagles-LB Jacob Phillips
104. Los Angeles Rams-RB A.J. Dillon
105. Minnesota Vikings-RG Calvin Throckmorton
106. Baltimore Ravens-DT Davon Hamilton